Spouse Application- Entry Clearance
This visa is for applicants who want to come and to join, for 6 months or more, a partner or family member who’s living in the UK permanently.
To be eligible
- Your family member must be a British citizen, have a settled status in the UK or have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years
- Your relationship to your family member is genuine and recognised in the UK, e.g. your marriage is legal in your country
- You intend to continue living with your family member or partner in the UK after you apply (unless you’re a parent who has access to the child)
- You and your family will have an adequate place to live in the UK
- You can prove your knowledge of English by passing a test at an approved test centre. You need to get at least CEFR level A1.
- You must prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down.
- You must be one of the following:
- married or civil partners
- living together in a relationship for 2 years
- engaged to be married or to become civil partners
9. You must also meet the financial requirement of:
- £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself
- £22,400 per year for you and one child
- £2,400 per year for each additional child