Tier 2 General (Leave to Remain/Extension)


This visa is for applicants who have been offered a skilled job in the UK and wants to switch or change to a Tier 2 General or extend their current Tier 2 General visa.


To be eligible -

  1. You must have current permission to enter or stay as one of the following:


    • Tier 1 visa
    • Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
    • Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
    • Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer: established staff) visa and you’re applying to change sponsor
    • Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor
    • Tier 4 visa, or you’re on another kind of student visa - read ‘Switching from a Tier 4 visa’ below
    • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) for a job as a professional footballer and you meet the Tier 2 (Sportsperson) requirements
    • Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
    • Innovator Scheme
    • Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
    • International Graduates Scheme (or its predecessor, the Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme)
    • Business and Commercial work permit (except multiple entry work permits)
    • Sports and Entertainment work permit (except multiple entry work permits)


    You can also switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’re:

    • a dependent partner of someone with a Tier 4 visa
    • a Jewish agency employee
    • operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
    • a minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
    • an overseas qualified nurse or midwife
    • writing up a thesis
    • a postgraduate doctor or dentist
    • a representative of an overseas business
    • a representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organization
    a student union sabbatical officer

         2. You must also show that

  1. You are earning an appropriate Salary
  2. you have the same job as when you were issued your previous permission to enter or stay in the UK
  3. you’re still working for the employer who assigned your certificate of sponsorship
Visa fees

Visa fee more than 3 years
Visa fee up to 3 years
Handling fee

Please note our handling fees are inclusive of VAT. Visa fees are advisory and you will need to pay them directly to UK immigration office.